Tuesday, April 6, 2010

California or Bust!

Well, after 5 days of patiently hanging out inside that manila envelope, I finally arrived in California!  After stretching my legs a bit (after all, I had to fold myself up to fit in that envelope), I met Aunt Ivett and Uncle Brian. Brian was very excited because a great moment in history was being shown on television just as I was getting out of my envelope.  There was a video of President Reagan beseeching the leader of the Soviet Union to tear down a wall that was built to divide the city of Berlin, Germany into two parts, one free and the other ruled by an oppressive communist regime.  Ronald Reagan was President of the United States from 1980 to 1988, and Uncle Brian fondly recalled the day he visited his home town to make a speech.  Well, I couldn't resist, so I jumped in front of the television and had my picture taken with the president who eliminated an entire class of nuclear weapons for the first time in history.  The Reagan Library is not too far from here, and they promised me we can go there for a visit.  The library has the actual Boeing 707 jet that served as Air Force One from 1973 to 2001.  Presidents Nixon, Carter, Ford, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton and George W. Bush all used that airplane, and soon Flat Stanley will be added to that list of distinguished names.  Don't worry, I'll be sure to update my blog and tell you all about it!


Having my picture taken with President Reagan.


After meeting President Reagan, I met Uncle Brian's and Aunt Ivett's wonderful dog pack!  They're a great bunch of canines!  Very friendly and smart.  All of them were rescued from shelters when they were puppies.

Hanging out with the dog pack.


I also met their cat.  She's also very friendly, but the dogs and the cats don't hang out together, so I wasn't able to get a picture of all of us together. 


When the dogs are absent, the cat is present.


After meeting everyone, I sat down at the table while Brian made a fresh pot of coffee.  We sat down and compared various modes of travel, such as planes, trains, ships, automobiles and manila envelopes!


Waiting patiently for that cup of coffee!


It's getting late and Brian needs to use the computer.  I'll update my blog soon!


 ~ Flat Stanley








No comments:

Post a Comment