Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rocket Science

Ivett and I went to Purdue University to visit Prof. William Anderson, a renowned rocket scientist at Purdue's Zucrow Laboratories, which is the nation's largest university propulsion laboratory.  Prof. Anderson is experimenting with a new hydrogen facility to help NASA improve the cooling efficiency and performance of the J-2X rocket engine.  The J-2X engine is a critical piece of hardware for future missions to Mars and the moon.  Here is a picture of Prof. Anderson showing me one of his research facilities.  Colin, I must say that researchers are doing a great job paving the way for future space exploration.  It's going to be up to you and your generation to pick up their work and create a future where human civilization extends beyond the earth.  Study hard, my friend!  I can't wait for my great grandson Flat Stanley the Vth to tell us about his trip to Mars!

Prof. Anderson is showing me his research facility at Purdue.


No comments:

Post a Comment